ABOUT     CONTACT     STORE     FORUM     ADVERTISE     FEEDS

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Post-Dragon*Con Blues

I'm finally home from Dragon*Con, and it blows. The people around here are just boring. I think I'm going through withdrawals over the fact that no one in my immediate vicinity is swigging from a crystal skull full of vodka and/or showing me the JREF sticker on his/her ass.

You may have noticed there were no video blogs for the last two days of the con. Primarily, this is because my camera shat itself sometime Saturday afternoon, so I was unable to shoot any footage. But even with technical difficulties aside, I probably wouldn't have had much time to capture anything for you. Too busy meeting wonderful people and watching them drink themselves into oblivion while laughing at the very notion of yeti.

But, I do have some footage yet to be uploaded, and that will be coming soon. To give you a hint, I spent an hour following a woman who claimed to be able to bend a spoon with her mind. Actually, that's more of a description than a hint, but still.

I'll also be uploading our live Amateur Scientist Podcast recording later this week. I have no idea if the feeling will translate for the folks at home, on the bus, or crashing their cars into pedestrians, but the show was some of the most fun I had all weekend. Our own Christian Walters was kind enough to co-host, and Jeff Wagg from the James Randi Educational Foundation sat in as a special guest. Also in attendance were a couple of Skepchicks: The Skeptics' Guide to the Universe's Rebecca Watson and Awesometown, USA's Maria Walters. I was so happy to have them, I probably wouldn't have turned them away even if they didn't make vodka-soaked threats against me.

Oh, and some sexually devious French Canadian Sasquatch showed up as well. That guy's kind of an asshole, though.

Anyway, that's what's going on behind the scenes. Look for more Dragon*Con goodness in the coming days.

Blog Archive