ABOUT     CONTACT     STORE     FORUM     ADVERTISE     FEEDS

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Sheepman

A Turkish sheep has given birth to a dead calf with the face of a human being. The eyes, nose, and lips are remarkably anthropomorphic, though its ears are quite sheep-like. Sheepish? I don't know. Anyway, the locals are chalking this up to a mutation. A horrible, horrible mutation. "I’ve seen mutations with cows and sheep before. I’ve seen a one-eyed calf, a two-headed calf, a five-legged calf," said Erhan Elibol, the vet who delivered the calf via c-section. "But when I saw this youngster I could not believe my eyes." It's comforting to know most of us are beyond jumping to the most ridiculous conclusion here: that this calf was the product of a bottle of booze, a lonely shepherd, and some imminently grabbable wool haunches. But that wasn't the case way back in the dark ages of last September, when a similarly mutated goat was born in Zimbabwe. This one was alive for several hours before being murdered by frightened villagers. The local governor declared the goat an abominable man-beast created via evil bestiality. If only it were so easy. If having sex with an animal could create half human/half beast offspring, I'd be sexing me some eagles right about now. I want my boy to fly! More details here. (And thanks to Heidi for the link!)