ABOUT     CONTACT     STORE     FORUM     ADVERTISE     FEEDS

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Where's the Flood?

You may have noticed that we aren't currently living in a post-diluvial waterworld full of pirates and gill-men. I know, I'm disappointed, too. Especially since the reports out of the National Snow and Ice Data Center earlier this year predicted that the Arctic ice caps might completely melt by the end of this summer. I quickly lashed together a catamaran made of old tires and gourds, but there it is on my lawn now, driving my yard man crazy every time I make him edge around it. Turns out the NSIDC was way wrong, as data from the NASA Marshall Space Flight Center and others shows that our northern ice cap is healthy as ever, and we're only five weeks away from the beginning of Arctic winter. Something strange is going on here. Conspiracy to keep Al Gore in food money? Or just faulty science? I don't know, but I'm off to Home Depot to pick up a "catamaran for sale" sign. More details here.

Blog Archive