ABOUT     CONTACT     STORE     FORUM     ADVERTISE     FEEDS

Friday, April 17, 2009

Hairy Women May Need Help

I'm not embarrassed to admit I have a bit of a thing for hairy women. I'm not talking full-on bearded ladies here, but a bushy eyebrow or a wisp of pit hair never bothered me. There's something primal and earthy about it. As long as I don't have to listen to any Indigo Girls, I think it's pretty hot. But excess female body hair can also be a warning sign of certain medical problems, doctors say. In the five to fifteen percent of women who "suffer" from the condition, it's caused by polycystic ovary syndrome seventy to eighty percent of the time. Hairiness can also be a symptom of certain tumors or thyroid problems. Research into the problems associated with female hairiness is especially important because many women are too embarrassed by the condition to seek medical help. They either shave regularly or, in my experience, take jobs in the twenty items or less line at Walmart. More details here.

Blog Archive