ABOUT     CONTACT     STORE     FORUM     ADVERTISE     FEEDS

Monday, December 15, 2008

Loony Wine

I’m not much of a wine connoisseur myself. I’m pretty sure the stuff with a screw cap isn’t the best, but I’ll drink it anyway. And even then, I’d probably prefer something with NutraSweet. But for those in the know (snobs, I suppose), so-called “biodynamic” wine is all the rage. But as an excellent San Francisco Weekly article points out, many biodynamic wine makers aren’t too willing to tell anyone what “biodynamic” even means. Probably because it’s a marketing tool that tries to ride the organic food wave but really means that grapes are grown using methods not too dissimilar from crazy voodoo. What kind of voodoo, you ask? How about stuffing a cow’s skull with oak bark and throwing it in with the compost used to fertilize the vines. Yeah, it’s weird. Read all about it here.

Blog Archive