This may come as a shock, but certification doesn't always mean anything when it comes to quacks and charlatans. Just because you're a board certified chiropractor, it doesn't mean subluxations exist. And just because I'm a board certified sexologist, it doesn't mean I know how the pee-pee fits in the hoo-ha. But just to test the lax standards of your average nonsense-approval board, Chris Jackson, one of the host of the BBC's "Inside Out" sought certification as an honest-to-goodness hypnotherapist from three different approval bodies. For his cat George. And without so much as sending a UFO abductee to receive George's hypnosis treatments, the furry feline was granted hypnotherapy certification by the British Board of Neuro Linguistic Programming, the United Fellowship of Hypnotherapists, and the Professional Hypnotherapy Practitioner Association. I suppose congratulations are in order for George, though I'm pretty sure I could hypnotize him with a feather tied to a rubber string. That's called turning the tables. More details here.
- ► 2010 (189)
- U.S. Strongly Opposed to Blasphemy Laws Maybe Some...
- "We're Going to Need a Bigger--GGHAAAAHHH GOD!!!"
- No Halloween
- Foreskin Freedom
- Scientology Woes
- Baby Writing
- Your Sunday Sermon - Polyester
- I Have to Defend This Douche?
- Blasphemy Schmasphemy
- The Come Hither Gene
- Your Sunday Sermon - The Sun Goes Round the Earth
- Mixed Up
- The Curse of Halloween
- I (Symbol for "Don't Understand") Vandals
- Idiocy is a Choice
- Boson to the Future
- Ray Pulls an O.J.
- Break on Through
- The Loch Ness Golfer
- RC Insects of DOOM!
- Calorie Crap
- Your Sunday Sermon - Working Together
- They Killed Their Child
- Kiss and Jail
- FDA Not Sure If They're Idiots
- Neil deGrasse Tyson Being Correct
- Movie Day
- Abstinence-Plus Benefits
- Your Sunday Sermon - Lot, The Most Noble Man On Ea...
- ▼ October (33)
- ► 2008 (518)