ABOUT     CONTACT     STORE     FORUM     ADVERTISE     FEEDS

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Dr. Sex

The University of Toronto is starting what's being called the first graduate program in sexual diversity studies. In other words, they'll be issuing Ph.D.s in getting it on. I have mixed feelings about this new frontier in social science education. On the one hand, it will necessarily cheapen my famous barroom claim to have a doctorate in physical pleasure. On the other, cultural sexuality is arguably the most important field of social research, since all humanity for all time has been interlocking and/or interrubbing each other's genitals. But on a third, slightly disfigured mutant hand, I feel like I should be granted an honorary degree since I think about sex literally all the time. I even made an unintentional (honestly) penis pun during the science podcasting panel at Dragon*Con this past weekend. Luckily, Dr. Steven Novella understood that my "question about length" had to do with attention spans and not cocks. More details here.

Blog Archive