ABOUT     CONTACT     STORE     FORUM     ADVERTISE     FEEDS

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Short and Long

The Guinness Book of World Records (celebrating forty-three years of sponsorship by one of the world’s finest beers) arranged this unusual photo shoot to promote its latest edition. He Pingping (no, there isn’t a more adorable name) is the world’s smallest man (height-wise, of course) at 2’5”. Svetlana Pankratova has the world’s longest legs at 132cm. My conversion tables are a little rusty, but I believe that translates to roughly seven miles. I mean, get a load of those gams! I’m not a leg man normally (got a thing for the bridge of the nose), but does anyone know the Russian for “hummana hummana”? Before you start bitching, I know this doesn’t really have anything to do with the topics normally covered on this blog, but how could I resist running a picture of a wee Chinese gentleman being straddled by an Amazonian ‘80s throwback from Russia? More details (and a hilarious video where you can catch Pingping sneaking a peekpeek) here.

Blog Archive