ABOUT     CONTACT     STORE     FORUM     ADVERTISE     FEEDS

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

God Did It

It took a while, but Sarah Palin has finally figured out how to spin the embarrassing fact that she was caught writing banal, semi-retarded notes on her hand during a boilerplate speaking engagement. She could have used the standard middle school excuse that she forgot to wash her hands after studying that morning, but everyone knows she shook hands with Tom Tancredo earlier in the day. Even Sarah Palin wouldn't go without a scrub after a Tancredo touch. But now, she's settled on a genius excuse. God did it, too. Specifically, she mentioned a quote from Isaiah 49:16: "Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands." Fair enough, I guess. If it's good enough for God, it's good enough for a less-than-single-term governor of Alaska. But I fear Palin may start leaning on this excuse like I used to lean on my endless series of dead grandmothers to get out of all my problems. It's just a slippery slope before she starts justifying her killing of Egypt's first born, her banning of shellfish, and her destruction of Jericho after a multi-day siege. More details here.

Blog Archive